We are looking for new talent!
Are you the next intern to gain valuable experience and exposure in digital marketing?
Digital Marketing Intern
At SOAP Media, we’re a growing team, passionate about helping clients create meaningful, human connections that inspire action. We’re a small digital agency with big ideas, and we’re looking to take things to the next level. And we want your help as we grow.
Perks & Benefits
- We offer a fun, flexible working environment
- Must be available to work a minimum of 32 hours per week starting in January until the end of March
- Compensation: Honorarium of $300 per month and Academic Credits. Successful candidates may have the opportunity for future employment however there is no guarantee
- Please note this position is located at our Kanata office (430 Hazeldean Rd - Hazeldean and Eagleson) and the resource is expected to be on-site to complete their tasks
Help the team to improve the performance for a client’s websites, social platforms and advertising strategies using analytics supported suggestions that align with the client’s goals. We also require assistance in building out our client list in order to grow.
- Ability to draw insights from the data being analyzed, and translate it into actionable recommendations for a client
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytics capability
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas, both within the team and to the client
- Organized and deadline-oriented
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Curiosity that drives continued learning and the sharing of insights related to digital marketing strategies and optimization tactics
- Help with reaching out to businesses that require our array of services.
- Responsible for supporting analytics and strategy surrounding social media, websites and various advertising platforms.
- Help develop and articulate digital strategies and the underlying execution roadmaps
- Help develop and execute customer acquisition strategies, using a variety of digital advertising platforms, email marketing and social media
- Create analytics and insights reporting for social media programs, websites, advertising and acquisition programs
- Help develop user-experience strategy for website and acquisition projects
- Provide support and research for proposal preparation, including competitive analysis, pricing, scope definition, and KPI setting.
The role offers a significant training and learning component for the intern to be able to complete the tasks. The intern will also have on-the-job support, such as mentoring and coaching.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business, advertising, marketing or a related field
- Experience with Photoshop or Canva an asset
- Familiarity with various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram
- Familiarity of SEMRush or other similar tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization and Key Performance Indicators an asset
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a team mentality
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage several different projects at once
- Self-guided and self-motivated
We thank everyone for their interest however only those who are being considered will be contacted.