That’s right, only 8.5% of searchers ever see page 2 of a Google search screen. If your website isn’t on page 1 of Google then you probably aren’t performing regular SEO tasks, or you’re doing them wrong!
For those that don’t know, SEO stands for SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION. Wikipedia defines SEO as “the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s unpaid results”. Bottom-line, SEO is part of the overall marketing strategy that is pivotal in getting your website found online.
Here’s a list of 5 specific reasons why your business must invest in your organic SEO:
- SEO still works – It never stopped. If you want to be on the first page of a Google search then you need to perform the basic SEO tasks.
- It is cost-effective – Compared to the costs associated with other forms of online marketing such as PPC advertising, social media marketing, or purchasing leads for an email marketing program, SEO provides great ROI.
- Not having a healthy content profile is damaging – With each and every update to its search algorithm, Google and other engines change the way they look at websites. Not building a healthy content profile spread out over months and years is potentially damaging to your business, as it is one of the factors Google evaluates when looking at your site.
- Inbound links to your site – Links are important but don’t confuse quality with quantity and don’t think about links in isolation from your content. It’s vital to understand that having great content massively increases your chances of securing natural links from quality relevant pages. These links will help you the most. In simple language if you have something worth linking to you might secure links worth having. Great sites don’t link to poor quality content, why would they?
- Your competitors are doing it – If you’re not moving forward and improving your position, you’re losing ground to a competitor who is. That’s a simple fact of how the process works. Don’t let your competitors out maneuver you by ignoring this valuable tool for your business.
Investing in organic SEO is more important now than ever before, despite the current difficulty everyone finds themselves facing regarding the lack of organic keyword data and traffic. Your business definitely needs to have an SEO strategy in place if you’re interested in succeeding in terms of digital marketing services; it still remains one of the single most important components of any organization’s branding efforts and online presence. Learn to get your website found online today.